Friday, November 20

Wired Strategy Revealed

When Wired magazine first came out I was entranced. Finally there was a magazine for me, one dedicated to feed my technology appetite. I subscribed immediately and looked forward to every issue. I also subscribed to other magazines for a year or two here and there, but always renewed my subscription to Wired. It remained top priority among magazines I read.

The last few years though I have become less and less satisfied with Wired. There have been months where I find nothing interesting at all and just pass it on to my daughter to put in the waiting room of her spa. This year however, I finally stopped completely. The format has changed, the content is boring, and the ad pages now seem overwhelming. It now seems like just a vehicle for ad space and showcasing products and services.

So this week the opening of the Wired store in New York fits in perfectly with what I see as their evolutionary track. Maybe they are looking to fill the gap left by Sharper Image. For their sake I hope that they don’t follow that business model too closely, although I’m not sure know why I care. I guess it’s just nostalgia for what the magazine used to mean to me.

1 comment:

amelia jac said...

substantial to post about is the most important thing.
Boa noite turma, provavelmente disparar um torpedo web gratuito está cada vez mais difícil devido a restrição das operadoras de telefone. Há ainda serviços Online STORE